Parent / Player Guidelines
- Coaches will use email or a phone chain to alert players of cancellations, changes, etc. Please check your email on days that are weather “iffy”.
- If school is cancelled during the day due to inclement weather, practice that night will NOT be held. Try to avoid calling schools, commissioners, etc. You will be notified as soon as possible.
- Please be on time to pick up your child after practice. Players are instructed to wait inside until you arrive.
- Please call the coach if your child cannot make a game or practice. Remember, practices are a big part of the basketball program. All players should attend practices on a regular basis.
- One parent volunteer per team is needed each game to keep the scorebook and game clock.
- Parent volunteers are needed for each game and practice in YSCD elementary schools to monitor the entrance door. The doors are locked for safety reasons.
- Please have respect for the school buildings and property used by the league.
o Please do not dribble basketballs in the hallways.
o Please do not damage children’s schoolwork hanging in the hallways.
o Please do not go into classrooms or other rooms in the school buildings.
o Please do not let small children have the run of school hallways.
o Please remove any cups, bottles or other litter when leaving the gym.
o Please assist the coaches, board members, etc. by stopping any child’s inappropriate behavior before it becomes destructive or potentially dangerous.
- Please support and have respect for the referees, coaches and other players in the league.